Giving back to my community is important to me.
After law school in 2012, and before I became a practicing attorney, I had the honor and privilege to manage President Barack Obama's campaign office in Little Havana in Miami, Florida. Thanks to my team's efforts, President Obama won almost 30 out of 32 precincts in Little Havana, a Hispanic enclave long-considered a Republican stronghold.
I appeared on Telemundo, CBS, and other international affiliates on behalf of the campaign as I speak Spanish and French fluently. I also published an op-ed in the Miami Herald detailing how we won the election. I also met my wife on the campaign and together we moved back to New York City, started a company, and began a life committed to one another.
POLITICAL CAMPAIGN EXPERIENCE
New Yorkers for Bill De Blasio
March 2013 – May 2013
Volunteer, New York, NY
· Conducted phone banks to recruit more volunteers and to inform supporters about upcoming events
· Attended mayoral forums to video record debates with Mayor De Blasio and the other candidates
· Participated in Hispanic outreach meetings to brainstorm about volunteer recruiting efforts
· Assisted staffers prepare for events and fundraisers
Organizing for AmericA
May 2012 – November 2012
Field Organizer – Florida, Miami, FL
· In charge of the Little Havana Field Office for President Barack Obama’s reelection campaign
· Won 30 out of 32 precincts in a Congressional district long considered a Republican stronghold
· Managed a staff of 3 deputies and approximately 50 volunteers
· Organized voter registration drives, phone banking sessions, and canvassing sessions resulting in hundreds of newly registered voters, nearly 9,100 phone calls, and approximately 10,000 door knocks over a period of three months
· Conducted media interviews in English, Spanish, and French on NBC, Univision, Telemundo, CBS, NY1, and other international affiliates
· Registered new voters throughout Miami-Dade County, cold-called potential volunteers and persuaded, motivated, and trained them in order to engineer President Obama’s reelection
· Staffed events for President Obama, President William J. Clinton, First Lady Michelle Obama, Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz and the Democratic National Committee Bus Tour, former Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar, singer Marc Anthony, and actress Eva Longoria