Forte is a powerful way to display your portfolio, putting your best shots up front, then allowing visitors to dig further into the projects they want to see.
American University - JD, Washington College of Law - 2012.
University of Paris I - Masters, Commercial Real Estate - Panthéon Sorbonne, Paris, France - 2007.
University of Paris III - Master, National Politics & European Politics of the European Union Member States - La Sorbonne Nouvelle, Paris, France - 2004.
Florida State University - BA, International Affairs - Tallahassee, Florida - 2002.
Jajan & Associates, PLLC - New York, NY - Associate. June 2015 - Present.
- Represent foreign investors in the acquisition and disposition of real property in New York City
- Advise clients in English, Spanish, and French from deal sheet to closing in residential real estate transactions for condominiums, co-ops, and Sponsor deals
- Represent lenders at closings, prepare HUD-1 statements, review GFE, TIL Statement, mortgage, note, and riders
- Counsel clients regarding FIRPTA, Section 421(a) tax abatement program, capital gains, and estate tax implications
- Prepare LLC and incorporation documents for clients taking title through entities or trusts
- Structure off-shore corporations and trusts for tax purposes, as well as asset protection reasons
- Draft buy-sell agreements and ancillary documents for buyers and sellers of closely held companies
New York Legal Assistance Group, New York, New York - Staff Attorney. May 2013 - June 2015.
- Represented low-income New Yorkers impacted by Superstorm Sandy in foreclosure matters
- Negotiated work-outs with lenders, prepared mortgage modification packages, and advised clients whether to conduct a short sale, deed in lieu transaction, or obtain a modification
- Extensive legal writing and oral argument experience in litigation and foreclosure matters
- Drafted pleadings, motions, and discovery requests; made court appearances, argued motions, arbitrated insurance claims, and counseled clients on administrative agency decisions
- Successfully represented plaintiffs and defendants in civil litigation cases in New York Supreme and Civil Courts against public utilities, contractors, banks, and insurers
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc. New York, New York + Paris, France - Associate Director, Valuation Services. Nov 2004 - Aug 2009.
- Appraised in excess of $20 billion worth of commercial real estate over a five-year period in New York City and Paris, France for disposition and financing purpose
- Executed real estate valuations of office buildings, retail properties, vacant land parcels, ground leases, and development projects in New York City and Western Europe
- Notable appraisal assignments include the Barclays Center arena development site in Downtown Brooklyn; the AIG New York City office building portfolio; the highest grossing regional shopping centers in France; the largest regional shopping center in Greece, and; a portfolio of supermarkets and hypermarkets in Mauritius
U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, Washington DC - Judicial Intern to the Honorable Ricardo M. Urbina. Aug 2011 - Dec 2011.
- Conducted legal research and drafted memorandum opinions on sexual discrimination violations of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and U.S. Bankruptcy Court appeal
Superior Court of the District of Columbia, Washington, D.C. - Judicial Intern to the Honorable Laura A. Cordero. May 2011 - Aug 2011.
- Conducted legal research and drafted Court Orders regarding Motions to Dismiss, Motions for Reconsideration, Consent Motions, Motions to Vacate Dismissals, Discovery Proceedings, Rule 37 Certificates and other pending motions
U.S. Department of Justice, Washington, D.C. - Law Clerk, Appellate Section, Tax Division. May 2011 - Aug 2011.
- Conducted legal research and drafted memoranda of law on tax and jurisdictional issues brought on appeal by the Internal Revenue Service or the taxpayer
Admitted to the New York State Bar and U.S. District Court S.D.N.Y. and E.D.N.Y.
Foreign Languages: Spanish (Fluent), French (Fluent)
New York County Lawyers’ Association Secretary of the Supreme Court Committee
Member of the New York City Bar Association Real Property Section
Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS)